Quality Asphalt Driveway Paving in Ottawa
Over time, damage will occur to your asphalt driveway, private road, parking lot, or walkway, despite thorough care. While the apparent cracks can be repaired, the damage can often turn into something severe, leading to asphalt resurfacing.
For homeowners in Ottawa, Alvi Paving Ltd is your trusted asphalt paving company that can quickly and professionally evaluate your asphalt damage and recommend the best and most cost-effective treatment. We offer quality driveway paving and specialize in asphalt repairs, maintenance, and resurfacing. With more than five decades of experience, Alvi Paving Ltd can fix any paving issue, ranging from cracks, divots to sub-base damage and major repairs. Call us to get started.
Efficient Driveway Paving in Ottawa
Trust our experienced team to pave a long-lasting asphalt driveway for your property. We can pave residential driveways for existing homes, new homes and new construction housing developments.
Why Is Driveway Resurfacing Required?
The oxidation process erodes your driveway when it comes in contact with chemicals such as gasoline, engine oil, transmission fluid, or antifreeze. The erosion, if not controlled, eventually leads to major costs for a new driveway. Resurfacing your driveway professionally aids its restoration to the initial state, averting further cracking and deterioration.
At Alvi Paving Ltd, we provide full paving services and can offer the help needed to improve the driveway’s appearance. Accounting for traffic volume, weather-related issues, and other aspects, our engineers offer dependable guidance and notable results.
Asphalt Resurfacing in Ottawa
Resurfacing includes the removal of the top layer of asphalt and its replacement with a fresh layer. If the asphalt layers beneath the surface are damaged, it will eventually reach the surface. It is important to get potholes, cracks, and divots repaired before resurfacing.
Here are some signs that suggest the need for asphalt resurfacing:
- Water damage has caused considerable cracks or holes
- Water has accumulated in depressions
- There are large sections of interlocking cracks
- It’s lost its shine or you want that brand-new look again
Only 25% to 30% of asphalt pavements require repairs instead of resurfacing. Some of the specific conditions for asphalt resurfacing include:
- Foundation is in good condition
- The pavement is less than 20 years old
- Cracks are less than a quarter-inch wide
- Cracks are shallow (not several inches deep)
Whether you need to repair a driveway or walkway, Alvi Paving Ltd is at your service. Check out tips and tricks for proper maintenance and look at the work we already did for our clients.
Asphalt Repair, Replacement, and Resurfacing in Ottawa
Are you wondering whether it's best to repair, resurface, or replace your entire driveway? The type of service required depends on the intensity of the damage your asphalt has experienced over time.
- Asphalt repair: Several driveways witness cracks along the outside edges or holes in jagged areas. Whether you repair your driveway or replace it depends on the damage it has suffered. If your driveway is new (less than 20 years old) and only has small cracks (less than ¼”), our experts can easily repair the affected areas.
- Asphalt resurfacing: Asphalt resurfacing is the middle ground for repairs. In this situation, the top layer of the asphalt is removed, and a new layer is paved, providing a new look for your driveway. It’s a more economical solution compared to replacement that can still extend the life of your driveway for several years.
- Asphalt replacement: As an asphalt pavement advances through its lifecycle, it loses its shine over time. Water may enter through cracks, and holes may form, damaging the substrate. In this case, the most effective form of repair is to completely replace the driveway from the foundation.
If you have a residential driveway paving project in Ottawa that needs to be taken care of, contact Alvi Paving Ltd today.