Reliable Asphalt Repair in Ottawa
Alvi Paving Ltd is an award-winning paving contractor in Ottawa, Carleton Place and Kemptville offering asphalt repair services for residential and commercial properties. Pavements often break down due to the pressure from driving, the influence of the sun and water or extreme weather conditions. This wear and tear lead to cracks, depressions and gauges, making the pavement unsafe for use.
Whether you need asphalt repair for your parking lot, road, or driveway, we understand your challenges and offer you solutions with the help of a large fleet of asphalt paving equipment and trained operators. Our team can help repair your asphalt pavement to mitigate liability risks from potholes and cracks and extend the lifespan of roads and pavements. If you need asphalt maintenance and repairs in Ottawa, contact us.
What Happens When You Neglect Asphalt Maintenance & Repair
Asphalt is the preferred material for the construction of roads and pavements due to its durability, strength, and highly resistant nature. However, that doesn’t mean that it won’t begin to wear out over time. If timely repairs are not performed, the cracks will become potholes and the potholes will turn into craters. Repairing a completely deteriorated asphalt surface is far more expensive than regular and timely asphalt repair. Furthermore, without timely repair, water can enter the subgrades, causing severe pavement failures. The pavement distresses multiply if timely maintenance is not scheduled.
Damage Caused to Asphalt
Asphalt is known for its longevity but is constantly subjected to conditions that cause damage. If these damages are left untreated, the asphalt can deteriorate completely from the inside-out and have to be replaced. To implement effective repairs, it is important to understand the causes that can lead to asphalt damage:
Extreme heat: Asphalt is more malleable than concrete, making it susceptible to damage under extreme heat that can cause softening, sloughing, pitting and ultimately damage the asphalt under heavy loads.
Extreme cold: Asphalt becomes stronger and harder but brittle under extreme winter conditions. Edges of the asphalt might chip or break off under heavy load.
Standing water: It can easily seep down the asphalt and cause issues like softening, displacement, and cracking.
Groundwater: Groundwater can displace asphalt and its base, leaving you with pits, cracks, collapsing asphalt, and potholing.
- Oxidation: Fresh asphalt has a black charcoal colour that flexes under varying traffic loads. Exposure to oxygen fades the colour of your asphalt from black charcoal to gray. Additionally, as the asphalt cement is broken down, your asphalt loses its flexibility and will begin to crack under vehicle loads.
UV rays: The sun oxidizes the oil in your asphalt, degrading its ability to glue the asphalt rocks together.
- Construction work: Regular hammering on the asphalt can lead to cracks and breaks in asphalt.
Oil stains: Asphalt is oil-based, but extra oil is no good for your asphalt, especially diesel stains.
Types of Asphalt Repairs
At Alvi Paving Ltd, we deal in a range of asphalt repairs for our clients, whether it's a residential or a commercial project:
- Parking lots: You may find potholes, poor drainage, inadequate thickness, and accumulated wear-and-tear along with other signs of damage. We will fix these for you so that you can enjoy a smooth ride and a welcoming entrance to your business.
- Driveways: Our professionals can fix your driveway problems with efficiency and quality. We work by resealing and repairing cracks and potholes, leaving your driveway looking brand new and crack-free.
- Potholes: Potholes are one of the most serious indicators for asphalt repair and require immediate attention. In order to prevent accidents and unwanted bumps, contact us before it is too late.
If you have a residential paving project that needs to be taken care of, call Alvi Paving Ltd today.
Asphalt Repair Techniques
No matter how well you take care of asphalt, it will eventually require some maintenance and repair to fill out the regular wear and tear. There are several types of repair methods our experienced paving team applies to repair asphalt damage:
- Asphalt Patching
- Asphalt Removal and Replacement
- Asphalt Milling and Resurfacing
- Full-depth Repair
- Asphalt Crack Filling
Contact Us for Asphalt Repairs in Ottawa
Alvi Paving Ltd offers a range of services for asphalt repair of your residential and commercial properties. Our team of paving professionals can handle any scope of the project with diligence and provide you with quality solutions. Contact us now for a free estimate for asphalt repair in Ottawa, Carleton Place and Kemptville.